Natural. Organic. 100% Vegetarian. No Animal Testing. Paraben Free. Hypoallergenic. Made in the U.S.A. Indigenous Ingredients. Eco-Centric. Women4Women. Dermatologist Tested. Ideal for Sensitive Skin.
“Make Your Mark” – Haiti Fundraiser
Get the chance to show off your handiwork while we donate $4 of the proceeds of each sale directly to women and children in Haiti. Solicit your friends and family for votes. We believe the more awareness we create, the more funds and products we can donate. The top 3 Passion Pouches with the most votes win, and one chosen at random for good measure, and most importantly- the women & children of Haiti win too!
Buy any full-sized product to get a Truffle Jar in the Passion Pouch for only $4 or simply buy the Truffle Jar in the Passion Pouch. Decorate and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15 for your chance to help women and children in Haiti and to win the eco-chic bag! We’ll upload photos to our blog daily where you can direct your friends and family to vote by commenting for your passionate creation.
The top 3 pouches to get the most votes win plus one additional entry chosen by random drawing.
Winners will receive a Four Truffles eco-chic cosmetic bag comprised of paper derived from recycled and repurposed rice with a Moroccan-inspired cotton lining so it’s sustainable, functional and fashionable.
(Retail Value – $8.50)
March 17 – April 17, 2010
Only persons residing in United States.
New Life to Children is a grass roots movement that helps rescue children at risk of starvation and enslavement near Port-au-Prince, Haiti, and provides them with a safe house. Read more about NLC.
Did you know there are more slaves today than at any time in human history? Haiti, being the poorest nation in the western hemisphere, is especially vulnerable. Orphaned and impoverished children often fall into the hands of exploiters. They find themselves picked up and sold to serve as “restaveks”. The word in Creole literally means “stay with”. They may be promised a home, food and school but usually find themselves enslaved with little to eat, long hours of tedious labor, physical, emotional, sexual abuse and no hope of an education.
A number of years ago a modest Haitian brick layer, living in the slums of Port-au-Prince, and his wife (NLC calls her ‘Momma)’ began aiding destitute children in the neighborhoods by feeding and giving them a safe place to live. Their own family living in extreme poverty used any extra money they could come up with to buy food for these children; housing them within their own small house and worked out a system whereby the children could get an education. After he died, “Momma” carried on the work by getting her sons and daughters, neighborhood widows, churches of the slums and anyone who would to help. What they called “New life to the Children” was born. However with Caribbean storms destroying housing; the needs of destitute children eventually out stripped the ability of this community of family and friends to provide shelter for all the children.
How did Four Truffles connect with NLC?
We first discovered NLC on Imagine This! TV and felt a tug on our hearts after reading about their story. We then started corresponding with Don Skow, of Holister Christian Fellowship (HCF). He heads up a team who has been doing incredible work with the Haitians for quite some time now. We reached out to Don and offered a donation of body care products as part of the basic essentials needed for the women and children. We’re also gathering other personal care items from various companies in the beauty industry and we plan on sending care packages as often as we can. We empathize with Haitians and long to help during this tragic natural catastrophe. In a country already plagued with the nations highest poverty rates we feel that every effort helps. Our goal is to raise funds to help build homes for the families by donating the proceeds from our Make Your Mark promotion.
How can you help?
Decorate your Passion Pouch and email to email@example.com. We will proudly post within our blog so you may solicit your friends and family for votes and comments. Your purchase helps NLC provide for at-risk Haitian children. We donate $4 of every promotional sale to NLC to help support this worthy cause and we couldn’t do it without you!
NEED MORE DETAILS?
- Promotion is offered only in the United States.
- Four prizes will be awarded. Three to the entrants who receive the most votes, one to the winner as determined by random drawing.
- To participate in the promotion, email your handcrafted ‘passion pouch’ to firstname.lastname@example.org and get the most votes in the Blog section of the Four Truffles website.
- Limit one registration per person. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor and judges, which are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user’s computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.